Gaston Co. officer honored by state organization |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Each year the North Carolina Jail Administrators Association recognizes a detention officer of the year for the east, west and central regions of North Carolina.
Once the 3 officers are chosen then one person out of the 3 is chosen as over all Detention Officer of the year for the state of North Carolina.
Officer William Boone of Gaston County was awarded Detention Officer of the year for the central region and also chosen as the Detention Officer of the year for North Carolina.
Boone was employed by the Gaston County Sheriff’s Office on December 28, 2009.
During this time he has worked all positions in the jail and his supervisors say he has done an outstanding job, and is a dedicated and hard working officer who is always at work and rarely absent.
While doing a cell search Boone discovered contraband in a tube of toothpaste and on another occasion he discovered an inmate who was attempting to harm himself and saved his life.
The Gaston County Sheriff's Office says Officer Boone takes a great deal of pride in his job and his peers and supervisors are proud of him.
Upcoming Events near Gaston County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend