Gaston Co. officer honored by state organization |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Each year the North Carolina Jail Administrators Association recognizes a detention officer of the year for the east, west and central regions of North Carolina.
Once the 3 officers are chosen then one person out of the 3 is chosen as over all Detention Officer of the year for the state of North Carolina.
Officer William Boone of Gaston County was awarded Detention Officer of the year for the central region and also chosen as the Detention Officer of the year for North Carolina.
Boone was employed by the Gaston County Sheriff’s Office on December 28, 2009.
During this time he has worked all positions in the jail and his supervisors say he has done an outstanding job, and is a dedicated and hard working officer who is always at work and rarely absent.
While doing a cell search Boone discovered contraband in a tube of toothpaste and on another occasion he discovered an inmate who was attempting to harm himself and saved his life.
The Gaston County Sheriff's Office says Officer Boone takes a great deal of pride in his job and his peers and supervisors are proud of him.
Top Gaston County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert