Man's body found in burning storage building in Gaston Co. | Crime
GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - Police in Gaston County are investigating after a man's body was found inside a burning storage shed.
According to police, Gaston County Police Communications Center got a 911 call around 10:12 p.m. Thursday night to the report of a fire along the 200 block of Thornburg Road in Dallas.
When emergency workers arrived the storage building was fully engulfed in flames.
According to the police, fire crews found a dead man inside the building, while extinguishing the fire.
The cause of the fire and the identity of the male found inside are still under investigation, the report states. The Gaston County Police Department and the Gaston County Fire Marshal's Office are conducting the investigation.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Gaston County Police Department at (704) 866-3320
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Gaston County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend