Police looking for two who tried to use counterfeit cash at Walmart | Crime
GASTONIA, NC (WBTV)- Gastonia
Police are asking for the public's help to identify two persons of interest, a
male and female, in an attempted fraud at Walmart, 223 N. Myrtle School Road,
Gastonia, on Sunday, April 29.
The male subject attempted to use five
counterfeit $100 bills to purchase electronics, and fled the store when police
arrived. The man was seen getting into a small silver four-door vehicle prior
to leaving the scene, and was accompanied by a woman who returned merchandise
prior to the man's attempted purchase.
with information about the identity of the subjects is asked to call Detective
Andy Pinney at (704) 866-6975 or Crime Stoppers of Gaston County at (704)
861-8000. Crime Stoppers pays up to $1,000 for information that leads to an
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Gaston County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert