Couple hikes up mountain to exchange vows on Valentine's Day | People
By Jeff Rivenbark - email
GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - There are stories every day of couples exchanging nuptials in unusual or bizarre places.
One bride and groom hoofed it all the way to the top of a mountain in Gaston County on Valentine's Day to say their "I dos."
Sky 3 managed to follow Patricia Saraceni and David Bantle as they parked at Crowders Mountain State Park and hiked up to the highest peak of the mountain Monday afternoon.
It's worth noting the entire wedding party consisting of five people made the hike in full wedding attire.
"It wasn't really all that bad," Saraceni said once at the peak of the 1.7 mile hike.
The bride and groom are from upstate New York. He frequently travels to Charlotte for business and loves the area.
Bantle surprised his fiancé by flying her son down to Charlotte as the best man, and the bride's sister as maid of honor.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Gaston County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert